Longitudinal Survey of Immigrants to Canada (LSIC)
||Wednesday March 22, 2006|
||Vancouver - St. John's College at the University of British Columbia campus |
||Free of charge, including reimbursement of the transportation expenses for graduate student participants who are nominated by one of the Metropolis centres across Canada|
Registration is now closed.
- Describe the analytical potential of the LSIC
- Describe the file structure and various analysis tools
- Present a detailed example of analysis
- Answer questions from researchers/users of the LSIC microdata files
- Researchers/users of LSIC data in the Statistics Canada Research Data Centres
- Researchers interested in undertaking research using LSIC data
- Senior methodologist
- Processing manager
9:00 to 10:15 Examples of research questions based on themes covered by the LSIC; discussion on how the LSIC could answer these questions.
Review of Wave 1 publication content (A Portrait of Early Settlement Experiences) – How Wave 2 data could be used to further Wave 1 analyses?
10:15 to 10:30 Break
10:30 to 12:00 Structure of the microdata file; analysis tools available; access.
12:00 to 13:30 Lunch break
13:30 to 15:00 Case study: description of the research question, analysis and results; review of techniques and tools that were used.
15:00 to 15:15 Break
15:15 to 16:30 Question and answer session – upon registration to the workshop, researchers/users will be invited to send questions, ahead of time, to the LSIC team.