The Metropolis Project Team recently launched the Cities
Initiative. The objective of the Cities Initiative is
to increase the participation of municipalities in Metropolis
and to foster the Project's expertise within a municipal
setting. While the context of Metropolis research has
always been largely urban, the Cities Initiatives aimsfor
a more effetive municipal engagement in Metropolis and
to enhance the relevance of the research for municipal
governments. Specific measures include developing this
Cities Corner Metropolis Web site, identifying urban policy-research
questions and organizing events that engage municipalities.
10th International Metropolis Conference (October 2005: Toronto, Canada)
- Workshop T12: Policy Strategies for Integration, Equality and Diversity in European Cities
- Workshop T23 Cities and Citizenship: Developing Indicators of Cultural Diversity
- Workshop W3 Urban Policies for International Migration in Developing Countries
- Workshop TH1 How to Develop Tools of Evaluation on the Municipal Actions Against Racism
- Workshop TH10: Pluralism and the Municipal Agenda: What Visions?
- Workshop TH26: Releasing the Diversity Advantage of Cities
18th Canadian Ethnic Studies Association Conference (October 2005: Ottawa, Canada)
- Plenary: becoming Newly Diverse: Responding to the Changing Demography of the National Capital Region
9th International Metropolis Conference (September 2004: Geneva, Switzerland)
- Plenary 4 Cities in Transformation-Managing Social Conflict
- Workshop G47 Social Inclusion: Role and Responsibility of City Government in Relation to National Government
7th National Metropolis Conference (March 2004: Montreal, Canada) Workshop C-6 "The Multicultural City: Negotiating Public Space"